San Juan


This was my first time on the San Juan with the intrepid Alex and Seth. Frankly. I didn't do so well. I saw a lot of fish, but I couldn't get them to take a fly. My friends caught 1 fish each so maybe it was a slow day, but I have the feeling that 5x tippet is too big. The crowds are ridiculous and the etiquette is very strange. People will walk right up to you and start fishing. Call me old fashioned but my idea of a good day of fishing is not seeing anyone else. Sure there are monsters, but if you have to deal with a buncha yahoos to fish for them, I'd rather fish the Animas.

(editor's note: My tune has changed on the Juan since I started using smaller tippets and smaller flies. There still are plenty of yahoos but you don't notice them when you're catching lots of fish)

Comments

Popular Posts