Morning at Pastorius

I got up early and zoomed out to Pastorius before work. The lake is getting very full, about half the boatramp under water. I didn't get a bite! Actually I take that back, I felt one thump on an "Uncle Milty" and that was it. I fished all over the lake. The Osprey was unimpressed and showed me how it is done, hooking up on his first cast/dive. Well, like most days when the bite is off, I'm happy with this picture of some American Coots, Fulica americana. None of my sportsmen friends ever have anything nice to say about Coots, but they're on the cast of characters in most lakes in our area. They dive, they swim like Michael Phelps, and they'll even take goods from other birds. They seem to do well, eat well and seem content with their place amongst the majestic Osprey and Eagles. No sense stressing out trying to keep up with the Grebes.

Comments

Popular Posts