Electra, summer blues

My friend and his kids came along for a trip to Electra yesterday. The fish were no longer stacked up in the north end of the lake, they seemed to be all over. We caught fewer than last time, it seemed like the fish were very deep and scattered around the lake. It is still just a gorgeous place to fish for dinner. I find that this is the time of year that I fish the least. The lakes are jam packed with folks, the fish are deep and the storms usually roll in pretty quick. Call me crazy but I really do prefer the slow times, the shoulder seasons when the tourists go home, the kids go back to school and the fish get aggressive. That being said I think today I'll go get some use out of my Ute fishing license and hit some of the hot spots south of town. Hopefully we'll get up in the high country soon, so my wife can show me the cutthroat she grew up catching in high lakes. She dismisses most fish we catch as hardly edible by comparison.

Comments

  1. How did the Ute water fish? I fished here in town and it seems to have been stocked recently. Although it seems the stockers are a bit bigger this year then the past few years of stockings.

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't make it down there, I cut off short and tried Lightner Creek near the confluence with the Animas. Fun times. As soon as I make it to Ute water I'll post a report.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts