Groundhog Report.. That's more like it...

Large, aggressive, reproducing fish. There were minnows all over the place and every fish we caught was puking minnows out. They were gorging to say the least. While I tried some Kastmasters, an HD Trout, the odd Rapala... nothing produced except for... you guessed it.. Black & olive Maribou jigs. I've been tying a two tone kind of 1/8oz jig olive on bottom, black on top. When i'd pull it through the minnow schools, it looked more like a minnow than any of the precise minnow imitations I have in my quiver. The thing about baby Rainbows, is that they don't look like adult rainbows, they're remarkably unremarkable. We sadly didn't catch any cuts, but check out this Rainbow (I'm not complaining about these Rainbows, heheh.) She measured just over 24" and I have no idea how much she weighed, I do know she was housing the baby trout, probably eating dozens a day.



This coming from a guy, who, a mere 24 hours ago wrote.. "Honestly, if I never caught another Rainbow in my life, I don't think I'd mind."

Comments

Popular Posts