Groundhog

This damn high pressure (at least that's what I've been calling it.) Fall has always been one of my most favorite times to fish, but it has been slow even at my favorite lakes and rivers. The farmer's almanac was right! My increasingly correct father in law says that when the weather is good at Groundhog, the fishing is no good, and I believe him! Jigs, Kastmasters, HD Trout, nothing was producing. Trying to get lightning to strike in the same place twice, I tried a big hare's ear fly under an indicator. Boom! Well it worked once, I missed more and then the fishing just shut off. I guess that's typical, the fishing shutting down at around 10:30 or 11 and not picking back up till 3 or 4. It isn't usually typical of this spot, but I guess today it was. Oh well, 2 nice bows and a beautiful day out. There are hunters everywhere, so make sure if you're stompin around the woods throw on some orange, or at least leave your antler hat at home!

Comments

Popular Posts