Snuck out to Narraguinnep

We popped out of work a bit early to go throw a few casts at Narraguinnep. It is very very low, but still a decent body of water. We figured the fish would be stacked up like firewood in there, but not a bite. We then ran over to Puett on the way home. Not a bite! Puett is pretty normal as far as its level, it must be last to drain, because Joe Moore is all but empty.

We figured with no Walleye the next best thing would be Perch so we ran over to Jackson (Mancos State Park) where there was lots of actions but it was all 10" to 12" Rainbows. Heaps of them! I had fun catching a few on dry flies but then the magic wore off and we went home.

I've heard that mothers forget the pain of childbirth, which enables them to happily have another child. I don't know if that is true or just some old nonsense, but it kind of describes my relationship with Puett. I get skunked there a lot. I've caught some really big Pike in there too. We've had delicious Walleye from Puett's waters but 9 out of 10 visits end in not a single bite. Do I need to learn how to fish better? Probably. Does the lake need additional stocking? I don't know. I do know that the next time I go fishing, I'm heading any direction but west.

Comments

Popular Posts