Vallecito Report, Trash

Vallecito seemed like it was going to be really slow, with virtually no action on Jigs or Spoons. I noticed a bunch of surface activity but it was pretty wavy due to the wind, so I put a size 16 gold rib hare's ear below a little indicator and whipped it out there with the fly rod, letting the waves do the work. It didn't take long to catch a nice rainbow, fins and all. I caught a couple more Rainbows and Lis caught a little Brown. It was a good time. It's always fun to use a technique that you wouldn't normally and have it pay off.


Pick up your trash!

I brought home about 200 yards of trashed mono from the beach today. I also brought some candy wrappers, bottles, cans, and other odd bits of garbage. When I took Hunter Education, I remember the instructor saying that about 10% of the population hunted, while an additional 10% were actively anti-hunting. The other 80% are waiting to be swayed. It gotta be similar numbers for fishermen. Don't give us all a bad name. It's trash all over the shorelines of lakes and rivers that will get fishermen a bad rep. Sure we all lose lures, sometimes with some line attached, but it's our responsibility to clean up after ourselves and other slobs at lakes and rivers. There are cool groups that organize lake cleanups, but if we all do a little bit, every time, we won't even need them.

Comments

Popular Posts