Groundhog

Groundhog is my favorite place to catch trout, hands down. We returned for a day of trout gathering and I thought I was getting my normal birthday skunking from Ms. Lisa, however, when she stopped for lunch I caught my limit. Fishing wasn't on fire, but it wasn't slow and we caught 8 nice bows. That lake is normally no good if the weather is nice but this day was an exception, the weather was lovely and the fishing was pretty damn good. The silence was deafening, with not a bit of wind. Young grebes were swimming around the glassy surface, occasionally diving below to feast on minnows. The road to get in there is pretty soupy once the afternoon sun gets to it, so if you're heading that way, I'd recommend 4wd and good tires or you're gonna be enjoying a long day of digging your vehicle out of the mud/snow.

Comments

Popular Posts