Happy Thanksgiving

Burp. Excuse my glazed-over, food induced giddiness in the following paragraphs. I think my fingers are the only part of me that can move at the moment. My father is in town for the Holiday and I figured I'd take him for some fun at Vallecito and Groundhog. Both days were sunny and still. We caught few fish, but what we did catch was nice. Lisa caught a nice Rainbow at groundhog which gave me more practice butterflying and I'm getting a lot more proficient in that area. This time I stuffed the fish with bacon, onion and reduced tomatos an it was flippin delicious. I've expanded on the Trout Caviar method, this time I boiled some baby red potatoes sliced a bit off the bottom so they'd sit flat, sliced off the top and then hollowed out the potato, filling it with chive creme fraîche and topping with the caviar. It was runnin. I'm such a fan of this trout roe, that I'm considering releasing males I catch in our local reservoirs.

If you're reading this on a computer, there's a lot for which you should be thankful, you're in a more comfortable position than quiet a few people worldwide. Not only is this a great time to be thankful for friends, family, health and wealth, it is a great time to fish! The time right before the ice goes on seems to be the season of the magical bite. Wait for the weather to turn sour, and let'em rip. Cheers, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular Posts