Too Slow on the Animas

I blame Snowdown. A weekend like that and you're bound to be slow by Sunday, right? I missed quite a few fish on the Animas yesterday. Travis caught a bunch of real pigs. After fishing the San Juan so much lately I forgot what real fish feel like. They're firm and they fight like a can of dynamite! A 16" Brown on the Animas fights like a 21" Rainbow on the San Juan, true dat. Travis was following me along catching the fish I'd miss time and time again. I was a tangled mess, my indicator wouldn't stay afloat and I was setting the hook like James Last on ether. I did manage to get a nice rainbow to the net behind the mall, and having done that was satisfied with not being skunked. I wasn't fishing well but the Animas sure was. If you'd like some info on what patterns were working for us, drop a line on our facebook page!

Comments

Popular Posts