Can't fish for Elk!

I hope you guys have been enjoying the little bursts of fall color and the lower temperatures. The fishing has been a bit weird lately, and I think that is due to the rapid change in water level and temperature with those big storms. Vallecito is up up up, amazing. I guess I'll never get that crankbait back :( The fishing today was pretty hot, but it was 100% stockers. I must say, the last batch of large catchables they put in there look great, they have all their fins, vibrant color. Nice job, hatchery guys. The problem is, we haven't been catching many real fish. The Smallies have all but stopped, and the occasional hammer handle Pike will hit. No browns, no big bows... and Walleye? They don't exist. This is my favorite time of year to fish, and I'm sure sooner or later the water will settle and it will be on fire! I've gone and ruined a perfectly good week of fishing by picking up a cow elk tag. I'll be hunting units 75 and 751 if anyone out there spots a big mamma and wants to blab about it. Check out our facebook page and drop a report if you've been slayin'em!

Comments

Popular Posts