Lisa's new flyrod..

No picture this time, sorry, but Lisa received her new rod and reel in the mail today. It's an entry level Cabela's rig, a 4 piece 4 weight that casts nicely. We tried the deep pool behind the hatchery as she doesn't have waders yet. No luck there, but we headed to Conglomorate rock where she landed a beautiful 18" rainbow on a cased caddis. Makes me realize how long it takes you to learn when you're your own teacher. She's landing fish that would have been saucy dreams for me a year ago with reckless abandon. Since I was helping Lis, I just brought a spinning rod with the black jigs. Fish were slapping the jigs around but in the shallower water I have to keep them moving a bit too fast to prevent snags. They're 1/8oz heads, I think I need to switch to 1/16 for the Animas. Guys... seriously... no more advice for Lisa... she's already putting a hurtin on us.

p.s. The cased caddis is becoming the secret weapon!

Comments

Popular Posts