Electra

To return the favor of years of great fishing, I took my dad over to Electra lake while he was visiting. I figured heck it's about the most beautiful place to fish in the area, the ol man doesn't need a license and it's full of tasty fish. We fished deep with jigs for nice rainbows. The fish seemed to be striking very slowly. With the surface temperature nearing 70, I can understand why. In some of the coves near the back of the lake I saw large fish taking damsel flies, and I saw tiny mayflies being slurped up, too. I didn't manage to hook a fish with a fly, but did try a few dries. Remind me to tie up some bright blue damsel flies. With the clear blue water, the view of the Needles and the surrounding conifers, it proved to be a beautiful day even with the fishing not as exciting as it could be.

Comments

Popular Posts