Unexpected fun!

I took a little walk up Lightner Creek from the Animas. Quite frankly I'm not really sure where the public land (dog park) ends and private land begins but I didn't see any signs so I just kept on fishin up. My 5' TQR rod from Cabela's was worth its weight in gold yet again, with some very difficult and brushy conditions. I caught at least 20 rainbows, and most encouraging, I caught a lot of little ones. I mean REALLY little. Like... I've got rapalas that are bigger. Call me crazy but I think that means that there's natural reproduction happening in this creek. It's mostly private land as you get away from the Animas and I think it is very shallow and thin up there, but it was a fun change of pace. I was on my way to the Ute waters but the clouds looked like they were going to chase me away so I opted for an easier and closer location. Good times! I really need to get a small waterproof camera, the lack of pictures on this blog is directly related to the fact that my only camera is a big clunky SLR.

Comments

Popular Posts