Animas River Fall Fishing Report

In what has become a birthday tradition, Lisa decided that I needed yet another fishing lesson and took me to school. To be fair, I got first, and I got most... but those paltry little slimers are hardly fish compared to this gorgeous male cutbow she hauled in on a home made sculpin jig. I had fish taking very small mayfly nymphs, midges and yellow eggs. It's been a while since I've fished the Animas. Honestly, it's just not the same without my ol' buddy Travis, who picked up and moved back to Maryland where he continues to guide lucky fly fishers. I miss walking up and saying "what are they eating?" and having him pull a jar of bugs out of his pocket. He even left me some seine material, I guess it is up to me now. I'd forgot how gorgeous the fish on the Animas are, and also how fickle. If I had one day of my life left and was given the option.. Animas or San Juan? I would take the Animas without even thinking a second. I noticed a very very small leak in the heel of my waders, I'd like to nip it in the bud before it gets any worse.. Any ideas? Comment below!

Comments

Popular Posts