Vallecito Report

I have been taking home a net full of cans and other trash from the rip-rap at Vallecito, and I'd like to applaud you alkies out there, because I find a lot more pop cans and cans of various soft drinks, and energy drinks than I do beer cans. I find an appalling number of Powerbait jars and worm containers. It seems that fishermen who are lazy enough to use this crap are also lazy enough to leave their trash behind... Makes sense. Please, when you're out there, do your part to clean up after these slobs so fishermen don't get a bad rap. I'm not trying to point some holier-than-thou finger at people using bait, hell, during ice fishing season I will happily slap on a nightcrawler, as my lure is limited to a 10" column of water. I'm just saying... fishermen who leave their trash behind need to have their coconuts cracked.

Fishing at Vallecito was stellar... until it wasn't. Friday showed us one of those days that gives you a sore arm, Rainbow after Rainbow, some stockers, some large 20" + fish. Sunday was slow, just a few stockers. Great times!

Comments

Popular Posts