Brief stop on the San Miguel

My band had a gig at the Sheridan Opera House in Telluride yesterday so I popped over to the San Miguel right in town near the Gondola, but the water was moving very quickly and they weren't taking my dries. I had a soundcheck to get to and I had to be on time, so I cut my fishing short. I talked to some local fishermen who say the fishing is much better down the valley a bit. I look forward to giving it a shot again.

I'd like to say Happy Father's Day to you fathers out there and my father out there... I think our fathers are the ones who taught most of us to fish and today they deserve a cold one on us. I remember being a kid and my dad pointing to overhanging branches saying "there's a bass right under there, just cast the lure right in that spot." He was never wrong. Teaching a kid to fish, to hunt, to appreciate and know the natural world, is about the best thing any parent can do. Cheers, Dad!

Comments

Popular Posts