Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

I was pretty excited to see the weather turn. That's usually a sign of great fishing. We fished at Vallecito for a bit this morning, but it was very very cold and very windy. I caught a Rainbow on a small wooly bugger and we decided to cut our losses and come home to make soup. We did see a few fish jump, and one was damn close to the size of my big mamma. You could just hear how fat the fish was. Kerrrrplunk! Anyway... Soup. That's the ticket. Sometimes you gotta just go in and make soup. French Onion soup with no trout, just.. well... Onions. We're curious to see if there is any water still showing at Groundhog with -10 degree temperatures over night. We might have a look tomorrow, weather permitting. It's the intermission between fishing reservoirs and ice fishing reservoirs. I guess that means it is time to fish the river. Check out the Animas, San Juan or Piedra, plenty of water still flowing through. I am curious about Trout downstream of hot springs on the Piedra, or the San Juan right in Pagosa. Anyone out there ever fish these pockets of warm water? I wonder if they'll let me bring my fly rod in Pagosa Hot Springs...

Comments

Popular Posts