Joe Moore Report & Dynamic Lures

I try to buy local products over products from far away lands, not because I don't like people from faraway lands but because I want to put money back in the community in which I live to selfishly make my own standard of living better. I buy a lot of Rapala lures. I have nothing against the Finns, but wouldn't it be great if there was a lure company right here in Colorado who made comprable lures? There is! Dynamic Lures, based in Grand Junction, produces some amazing lures and there is a full compliment of them available at Gardenschwartz outdoors in Durango. (Guns and bullets Gardenschwartz, not tents, dreadlocks and granola Gardenschwartz) These guys are involved with an internet fishing forum that I frequent and I've been meaning to get my hands on some but until I saw them on the rack in my own town I didn't have the chance. I bought an HD Trout with a Rainbow Trout pattern. It is a sinking minnow with 2 sets of treble hooks around 2.5 or 3 inches long. It looks like a Rapala, but one of the first differences I noticed was the amazing paintjob. This little puppy looks JUST LIKE a baby Rainbow Trout. The swimming action was perfect. The weight was nice for long smooth casts (I was using 4lb test, but I seldom go much heavier except when hunting Pike)

I went to Joe Moore for a little sunset cruise and met my buddy Tim from Mancos. I was teaching him how to cast a fly rod, so I didn't have a chance to use my new dynamic lure till the end of the evening. We were catching recently stocked trout left and right and I had seen no sign of the bass that are also in this lake. After I had Tim squared away with casting demos, I switched back to my spinner and decided to throw the HD Trout. Bass on the first cast anyone? Heck this lure was designed for trout! I was impressed with every aspect of this lure from the swimming action, to the paint job to the fact that it caught me that elusive bass. It wasn't my pig from last year, just a little guy, but I know this lure is going to be first on the water for me in a lot of situations. They're less expensive than a comparable Rapala, high quality, and easy to cast. The next time you're lure shopping in Durango stop by Gardenschwartz and pick up some Dynamic Lures, you won't regret it. They make a variety of different lures (including some HUGE pike lures) which can be ordered at their website www.DynamicLures.com if you can't find them locally.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts