Narraguinnep & Puett

We gave these two a whirll. Narraguinnep was one of the last lakes we hadn't fished in the area so we figured we'd give the walleye a shot. Nada. It was blowing harder than a def leppard video out there so we headed over to Puett where I caught 1 nice pike on a lil shadrap perch dealey. Not bad. I found more lures, a few jigs and a goofy looking pink rooster tail. I guess nothing is too goofy looking for pike fishing, but I'm starting to like this trend of finding lures every time I go out there. The water had risen a bit in Puett and was very off color. No walleye, no walleye, no walleye.

Comments

  1. We caught walleyes trolling around the dam. We used a perch color rapala. Troll about 3-4 feet away from the dam. If you are shore fishing, fish parallel to the shore. The walleye are literally 2-3 feet from the shore. They like to go close to shore and feed on crayfish at night. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dustin, thanks for the excellent tips! Walleye are my arch nemesis and don't seem to like whatever I throw them. I've got some nice shadrap jointed perch that sound like they'll do the job nicely. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way... were you talking about Narraguinnep or Puett?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was talking about narriaguinnep. they are really picky fish. you can cast 100 times and catch nothing and other times you can catch your limit. And dont just stay at one place I like to walk the whole dam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I can't wait to give it a shot. Great advice on moving. I try to fish like a hummingbird, 5-10 casts per spot unless it is *the* spot. My wife seems to have a knack for catching Walleye, I sure don't. Must just be the wrong time of day when I'm there.. (whenever that time is) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts