Pastorius Round #2

Ahhh. That's more like it. I was on the lake at 7am. I found both my missing oars. I didn't find my missing shoe. I went to the back of the lake and tried again with my new flyrod. Eureka! I caught a bass! I caught a couple more bass here and there, and the biggest damn Bluegill I've ever caught. Come to think of it... that's my first Bluegill in Colorado. Not a fish I pursue much I guess. I hooked a big rainbow that gave the most spectacular display of jumps before unbuttoning itself. I fished until about 10:30 and it was positively lovely. No derelicts flinging powerbait and beer bottles from the shore, no cow shit smell, just a nice morning on the water.


The wind stopped blowing, it got very quiet. Midges started to swarm from every direction while fish came to the surface and made the water boil collecting the tiny insects. The osprey started to smack the water taking fish. The mountains said nothing. Swallows put on the best airshow on Earth. Swarming schools of feeding baitfish fed a group of Ibis standing in the waves. Wind stops, nature's cafeteria opens for business.

Comments

Popular Posts